Friday, June 22, 2007

Colors Blend to Gray

Blotches of ink bound your dreams
They told stories, once reflected with hope
Now a mirage with webs in my dresser draws
What imagination, dwindled to mere confusion
The string hangs and the truth detaches
The colors blend to gray, love’s naive child
The wind no longer sooths the swelling beads
I’m left cuddling the air, and carrying you along
Please, making it right has no appearance in your blood
These are YOUR choices, don’t try to hang your coat at my door
You took everything I own and invested it into delusions
What I’ve earned, you’ve given away, what I bled for, you stole
I’m begging, I’m crying, stop, let me grieve!! I can’t lick your guilt clean
Those scribbles with a blue overtone, coated with a thick layer of bleach
Your fingers never marching but scrambling, that laid once upon my breast
With all your masks, who can hold, what only I have delayered
This was your shame. I bore witness to your vulnerabilities
Your promises held no anchor and your fears nailed you to the padded door
And still there is not a tree that gathers enough shade for you

No comments: