Friday, October 24, 2008

Am Gone

Perhaps I am naive, missing this ship completely

Sailing against the tide and shore, my feet molding grains of sand

Tell me if you find that island, if they make paper on such isolated grounds

But, if your compass breaks follow gravity above the level of the sea

You will find me seated under the orange moon and clouds

Just follow the dispersed imprints that shall begin at the pointed bow

That is, if the salty foam has not washed them smooth and even with the ocean's floor

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

Interesting poem. Mixed impressions: it seems to speak of isolation, but hints that that is not a bad thing, that the person lost is trying to be found, but not too concerned about it.

Susie Q said...

Mmm. It is interesting to see your take on this. I know the fundamental feelings that I had when I wrote this but perhaps I felt isolated and WANTED not to care. As we all know, however, that wanting infers not having.