Saturday, October 25, 2008

An Armoire

To this distant memory, an armoire, and one night
My veins held within them a boiling fire of haste and naught
Feeding my flesh with calcium, brazed cotton, and lacquered wood
Never had it been predicted, but shall remain unknown
As abstract melodies sing,
my lungs cried and inhaled the smoke,
Breath that night was lost in the stars falling to earth's craters,
but awoke this early morn I did,
To find nothing but my pillow, tea, and book
Not a rain cloud sprinkled for those lusting in thirst
Tis but life's brave surrender after summer's birth
And what shall move onward through winter's blessed death
Will await by the stolen hearth
to contemplate the lowly chill of that memory and of an armoire

Susie E.

2 comments:

Mark_W said...

Susie,

but shall remain unknown/
As abstract melodies sing


Christ, (if you'll pardon the expression) that's beautiful...

I really like the thirst/birth and death/hearth slant rhymes too...

You're very good, you know... :-)

Mark_W

Susie Q said...

Mark_W,

Thanks for your comments. You unknowingly encourage me to continue writing with every comment you leave. I cannot thank you enough for posting your thoughts. Though, I hope that if I am in need of a critique that you will feel free to do so. You are such a deep thinker and one who wants to have a wealth of knowledge and genuine understanding. I dig that and you should be proud of it!

Susie