Thursday, December 11, 2008

Mind in Matter

Ask not of me, of me in whisper
or hollow echos from bellowing tones
I've yet been kind enough to answer
or reveal my curious fro

Give me time, sweet and patient
like the fawn by her doe
before appearing clear within the fog

I shall not listen nor give you my tongue
or ear for banter anymore
for the lust reveling in these eyes
like teeth craving the cut from the ivory stone

Have I not given my vow to this endless endeavor of yours?
The tiring circles of yearn...leave me be and escape!
Let my skull tap out a lowly tune so my mind, that is me,
does not have to accomplish another self defeat

3 comments:

Jonathan said...

"Let me be me" seems to be the overriding message of this poem.

PS- word verification for this comment is "curly as": curly as what? :)

Susie Q said...

Actually, it's about telling my mind to shut up unless it has something purposeful to say. LOL

Jonathan said...

Oh no, my poetry analytical skills have failed me!

*Sobs bitterly*