Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Resign Yourself to the Risk

I stand in awe at the end, thankful I can hurt! Yes. Thank this biological mystery that allows for the bitter twang of vulnerability; as were I to close its door, what would life offer? The passion I posses for all that encompass my existence has filled my body with joy and my days hope. Indeed, I have a need to share love. If this human condition exposes me to the possibility of pain from unreciprocating adoration, only then to be left alone and betrayed, then so be it! Emphatically I resign myself to the risk, gladly fling myself upon it. Fore, I have laughed a million times since.

--Susie E.



3 comments:

Jonathan said...

I fear that I am being dense:

"were I to choose vulnerable’s acronym".

Isn't an acronym like an abbreviation of a phrase using the first letters of the word in that phrase? Like VISA or NASA?

I think I must be misunderstanding what you're getting at.

Susie Q said...

LMAOROTF, thanks for that. Obviously, that is not what I meant and really was going to write something else there all together but on that particular revamp I was actually thinking of, "Antonym", but for some reason that came out (ugh). Does that make better sense?

Thanks for catching it by the way.

Jonathan said...

I like the new version- I think it's a definite improvement over the old one (which was also good)!